Monday, July 20, 2009

Fictional Boyfriend #46

Usually when I blog, I pick the lead guy of the story. No surprise there though because, hello, they are supposed to be the center of attention and make all girls swoon. Well this time, I decided to go against what I usually do since if I picked the lead guy of this book, I would be really picking him because other people like him. As for me? I liked him in the beginning, but got really frustrated with him towards the end and I'm not going to lie, but I was a little disappointed with the ending overall. Some people may like it, but for me, it's just not good enough.

The book that this boyfriend comes from is Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen. I decided to try her out since a lot of girls love her books and I thought "why not?" and grabbed this story. It was VERY well written and evoked a lot of emotion out of me (even anger at the end :P). As for the guys she wrote about, I'm picking Jamie, the main character's (Ruby's) brother-in-law. Before I go on, I need to make sure it is VERY clear that nothing went on between Ruby and Jamie. They had a completely appropriate relationship. Anyways, Jamie is the best. He's one of my favorties on my list because, in my opinion, he is everything a guy should be (and this is talking realistically too since some of my friends have this guy's personality etc as their own fathers). For example, on Valentine's Day, he gives his wife "waves", meaning that the first wave is flowers. Then, later in the day, he gives her other gifts, all leading up to a fantastic gift towards the end of the day. *Cough cough* enough said.

He is also very passionate about his family and would put his career on the back burner if asked to. He cares deeply about his wife and tries his best to handle whatever emotion she's feeling at the time. The only way to make him truly happy is if you make his wife, Cora happy, which is how, in my opinion, a relationship should be. Sure, other things do make him happy, but he's at his best when Cora is happy.

Moral of this post: Happiness is contagious :P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved that book

Watching said...

Yeah I liked that book too^^

but oh my gosh :O It's so horrible because I rarely ever like the main guy character in a book, so I always get dissapointed at the end TT__TT

Anonymous said...

Great Book, I love Sarah Dessens books.