Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fictional Boyfriend #42

Alright, so I am a fan of Melissa Kantor's writing. I enjoyed The Breakup Bible and If I Have A Wicked Stepmother, Where's My Prince?. I read her new book, Girlfriend Material, and absolutely loved it! Before I talk about Adam, the boyfriend of the day, I just want to say a few things about the book.

First of all, I was really happy how Kantor talked about Ernest Hemingway's writing. I wasn't a fan of Old Man and the Sea, but I have done a report on him and know his life etc and know what influenced which piece of writing. So that was an interesting parallel...

Anyways!! Adam is my pick for today. He isn't all that amazing, let me tell you :P The whole break thing he took with his girlfriend and didn't tell Kate about it at all? That was messed up. But I mean if you just consider how great he is withouth that little factor, it all adds up. It was pretty cool how he went all the way to New Hampshire, I think that's where his girlfriend was, but anyways I liked how he wanted to fix it with Kate, so he went all the way there to break up with his girlfriend because he thought it too cold over phone. That part was awesome! So many guys would love to take the easy way out, as would girls to be perfectly honest. I decided that I really liked him after that. It shows how gentlemanly he is and really how much he cares about things.

The only catch? Unless Kate and her mom move to the east coast, which was a chance, Kate and Adam will have a difficult time seeing each other, with Kate living in Utah and all. Oh well, it made a nice story. Haha until next time...

P.S.~ I finsihed Fragile Eternity and I don't know what to make of it... I mean I know that there are more books to come, but I'm scared to figure this all out. I kinda like Keenan and Aislinn together for some reason even though he is kind of a jerk... I don't like it when Keenan and Donia get all lovey dovey... I feel like he is cheating on Aislinn, even though he is not. And the whole mother thing between Sorcha and Seth? A tad bit disturbing...

1 comment:

michelle. said...

Hahaha. That's EXACTLY What I Thought When I Read Fragile Eternity. Well That And WHERE IS IRIAL AND LESLIE? Haha.

As Bad As Keenan Can Seem, I'm Totally Rooting For Him Over Seth. Hmm.