Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fictional Boyfriend #24

The boy who made the list today isn't really a boy and I don't really consider him a "boyfriend." He's more just listed here as an honorable mention so that society doesn't forget him. This boy's name is Jackson and he is a ghost, like many of my boys. He comes back and haunts his girlfriend, whom he loved unconditionally. Ava, his girlfriend, is totally distraught over his death [who wouldn't be?] and he ends up coming back for her. This makes it easier for her, but yet in the long run, it's bad since she can't offically get over him. He visits her in her dreams and always tells her he won't leave her, that he loves her, etc. She eventually realizes that she should probably let him go, and when she "discusses" this with Jackson, he flips out. After long persuasions, Ava convinces him to leave her and move on, and know that she will never forget him and all the rest of that sappy stuff.
The real reason why I adored I Heart You, You Haunt Me is because it is written as poetry. The whole book tells the story through poems. I love it!!

1 comment:

Lisa Schroeder said...

Great write-up! I'm glad you liked it, especially because some people say the total opposite and wish it wasn't in the poetry format. So I'm always happy to see someone who liked that aspect of it. I mean, I know it's not for everyone, and of course that's fine, but when people especially point out that part as being something they liked about it, it makes me smile. So thanks. :)