Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fictional Boyfriend #27

I don't know how many of you have read the book the Luxe or if you've read the sequel, Rumors, but they are pretty overly dramatic books. The reason I'm even bothering to read the sequel is because once I pick up a book, I can't put it down. Same goes for a series. These books are definately not my favorite, but I somewhat enjoy reading them and this is where we get the next boy who made the list.
His name is William or Will Keller. He was the coach driver for the Holland family. Can you already see the romance in this? *rolls eyes* Some stories are just SO predictable. Anyways, the year is 1899, a time where young girls married mainly for money and very few of them got to marry the man they love. Elizabeth Holland was one of these girls. She was going to have to marry Henry Schoonmaker in order to take her once wealthy family out of debut. The downside to this? She was NOT in love with the much sought after Henry, but rather the lowly coach driver, Will Keller. Will then ran away to California to get rich and told Elizabeth to come after him. Elizabeth was then torn since she still had the issue of Henry. Her "best friend" helped her fake her death and she ran away to California to find him.
So the story goes on into a bunch of tradegies and whatnot. But the fact is, Will was one of the only reasons why I still sorta like reading the story. His and Elizabeth's romance is so scandalous.... especially when they are living in California and they tell everyone they are already married. =]

And now I'm scared to finish the book since every review I've read is telling me that the ending is sad and depressing... what am I going to do?? I don't need to be depressed right now!!!

2 comments:

Watching said...

Yeah he's the only thing I like about the books

Anonymous said...

about the little Edward thing...

I posted the link to the site that I used, and since it was a flash game, I took a screen capture of the image. If you want to take a screen capture, just press the "Prt Sc" button on your keyboard. Then, open up Paint or something. Right click and hit paste.

=]